The Parker Society was the London-based Anglican society that printed in fifty-four volumes the works of the leading English Reformers of the sixteenth century. It was formed in 1840 and disbanded in 1855 when its work was completed. Named after Matthew Parker — the first Elizabethan Archbishop of Canterbury, who was known as a great collector of books — the stimulus for the foundation of the society was provided by the Tractarian movement, led by John Henry Newman and Edward B. Pusey. Some members of this movement spoke disparagingly of the English Reformation, and so some members of the Church of England felt the need to make available in an attractive form the works of the leaders of that Reformation.
Writings and Translations of Miles Coverdale, Bishop of Exeter
Containing The Old Faith, A Spiritual and Most Precious Pearl, Fruitful Lessons, A Treatise on the Lord’s Supper, Order of the Church in Denmark, Abridgement of the Enchiridion of Erasmus
Publisher:Wipf and Stock
Dimensions:140mm x 216mm