The CWB is an exciting liturgical project, entirely approved by the Australian Catholic bishops and produced by a group of the country’s leading Catholic musicians and liturgists, chaired by Monsignor Peter Williams, currently Administrator of the Diocese of Parramatta.
The original Catholic Worship Book was published in 1985 and since that time, there have been dramatic changes in available liturgical resources both local and international. The new edition has been in planning for a number of years; from the beginning, the group has determined to provide resources for Australian Catholics from the rich store of the Catholic tradition as well as the wealth of material that followed the decision of the Second Vatican Council to authorise the reformed liturgies in the vernacular languages.
A special feature of the planning has been to promote the work of Australian writers and composers and they are well represented among the texts and music.
- A comprehensive new worship resource for the Catholic Church in Australia
- Why a new Catholic Worship Book?
- A comprehensive resource for sacraments and seasons
- A rich mosaic of the Catholic Church’s library of ancient and modern liturgical music…
- ‘… a musical resource that will provide a basic repertoire for liturgical music in Australia … that is theologically, liturgically and musically appropriate…’
- The indices
Two editions of the book will be produced. A full music edition will be in two hardback or paperback volumes. The peoples edition (or pew edition) will also be hardback for long life and durability.